We are open for critical workers ONLY and those who may have essential business travel over this time. This restriction is in place until further notice and is being reviewed on a frequent basis based on the Governments guidelines, please keep checking for further updates.
If you have a booking that is due to arrive in the next 7 days and is classed as ‘non-essential’, we shall be in touch in due course to discuss your options with you. If you would like to make a booking and you are a key worker, please call 03333 209 326, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.kewgreen.co.uk/criticalworkers/
If you are unsure if you are classed as key worker and need further information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus. ID shall be required on check-in, if this cannot be supplied, you will be turned away from the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back to the hotel again soon.
Supporting your plans
We know that flexibility is what our guests are looking for right now, so IHG are continually improving their policy to suit these uncertain times. For more information on IHG official updates please click here.
New Safety Procedures
The safety of our guests and employees is our number one priority and we would like to re-assure you that measures are in place to provide a clean, safe and welcoming environment in our hotel. Here is an overview of some of the measures in place:
- New queuing system - A queuing system has been implemented at reception and food collection points with 2 metre floor stickers advising guests where to stand at a safe distance from each other. We have also implemented a strict rule that one individual/family is allowed in the lift at any one time, this is signposted and there are hand sanitising stations outside the lifts.
- Contactless check-in and check-out process - Perspex screens have been placed on the reception desk and debit/credit card machines are cleaned every hour. Key cards are also left at the end of the reception desk ready for guests to collect and are sanitised after every use. Prior to check-out guests will be called to confirm any additional charges and invoices will be emailed to guests after departure.
- Hand sanitising stations – multiple stations have been placed in all main areas of the hotel for guests to utilise. All high touch points are sanitised after every guest interaction or every hour depending on the usage including door handles, debit/credit card machines and pens.
- Accommodation - There will be increased cleanliness of bedrooms before arrival/after departure of guests. This includes disinfecting all touchpoints within the bedroom, all non-essential items have been removed from the bedrooms and are available on request and for guests staying more than one night, housekeeping services have been reduced to minimise interaction of guests and employees but will be available on request.
- Room service and grab and go breakfast offerings - Room service and a grab and go breakfast will be available, this service can be ordered via the phone and guests will be provided with a collection time along with the designated collection point information. All utensils provided will be disposable and food handling will be kept to a minimum.
- Safety of our guests and employees is our number one priority - Our employees have been fully equipped with the necessary PPE equipment to keep them and our guests safe. Our employees have also been trained on maintaining a high standard of hygiene including hand sanitising after each interaction with a guest, rigorous cleaning procedures before and after each shift change and regular cleanliness upkeep within high traffic areas of the hotel. They have also been trained how to handle any suspected cases of COVID-19 within the hotel and how to keep guests safe if this did occur.
- To find out more information, please click here
We are ready when you are ready, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel
Enjoy a break at Holiday Inn Colchester
The Holiday Inn Colchester is situated in the tranquil village of Eight Ash Green, just outside of Colchester's busy and lively town centre. Located within easy reach of the A12 from London, the hotel has ample complimentary on-site car and coach parking facilities.
Our restful guest rooms offer a range of facilities to help you unwind and enjoy a great night's sleep while our restaurant and bar have a range of tempting dining options. There is also a well-equipped You Fit Health Club along with modern meeting and function facilities.
All our guests enjoy home away from home comforts, including WI-FI, air-conditioning and access to You Fit Health Club as just some of the features we pride ourselves on offering.
At the Holiday Inn Colchester hotel you can dine in the relaxed atmosphere of Traders Restaurant, bar & lounge which offers everything from traditional British dishes to international cuisine.
In all, this hotel near Colchester has 7 conference rooms, ideal for anything from training courses, boardroom meetings, one-to-one interviews, to wedding ceremonies and receptions.
The Holiday Inn Hotel offers weekend and leisure packages for couples or families wanting a great time away – and remember kids stay & eat for free up to the age of 12 years old.
Surrounding attractions include Colchester Zoo, Freeport Designer Shopping Village, Colchester Castle Museum and Golf at Lexden Wood Golf Centre. The hotel is less than 30 miles away from Stansted Airport
Feel free to contact our reservations team on 0871 942 9094 for more information or to book your stay with us today.